- U.S. History. American Experience. PBS.
- DocsTeach. Docments and activities. The National Archives.
- Forest, Fields, and the Falls. A graphic web novel describing the lives of real Minnesota lumberers, sawmillers, flour millers and farmers.
- Libary of Congress. Digital collections and classroom resources.
- Minnesota Territory, 1849-58, web interactive. Minnesota Historical Society.
- MNopedia. Minnesota Encyclopedia. Minnesota Historical Society.
- Minnesota, a History of the Land. Film and guide. The University of Minnesota.
- Immigration to America: Stories and Travels. Docs Teach: The National Archives Experience.
- Kidwell, Clara Sue. “The Effects of Removal on American Indian Tribes”. Nature Transformed, TeacherServe®. National Humanities Center.